MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Aklu Plaza is a high-profile volume retailer renowned for value-for-money and excellent customer service.
As an Operational Manager reporting to the Store Manager and responsible for a strong team and few sections of the department, you’ll be tasked with driving forward both turnover and revenues from the store based on lean principles. Keeping a close focus on financial KPIs, including wages, wastage and shrinkage will form a key element of the role, together with non-financials such as customer service/feedback, internal audit and standards and compliance.
- Managing the day to day running of a department
- Acting as Duty Manager for the entire store in the absence of Store Management
- Assisting Store Management in achieving company KPI’s
- Ensuring your team delivers exceptional customer service
- Delivering exemplary standards in store presentation, stock control, shrinkage and administration compliance
- Complying with all Health & Safety policies and legislation
- Use management information to make strategic business decisions
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE.
- Have a proven track record in a fast-paced retail environment and Enjoy being on the shop floor-
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of operational, leadership, planning, organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Be target driven and customer service orientated
- Be highly motivated and ambitious
- Be a self-starter with a can-do attitude
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS:
- Three to five years of industry sales experience
- Concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems