MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Refrigeration Engineer Duties and Responsibilities:
Refrigeration Engineer must complete various tasks pertaining to the operation of refrigeration systems. We have reviewed several job listings and other sources and found the following among the core Refrigeration Technician duties and responsibilities. Must be able to work in a team and co-ordinate with Sales & Marketing on new business opportunities, new product development, etc
- Install New Refrigeration Systems
Refrigeration Technicians are typically responsible for installing climate-control systems, and some specialize only in this area. They need to be knowledgeable about all components of these systems, read blueprints and schematics, understand compliance standards, know local building codes and apply welding and soldering techniques as required.
- Repair and Upgrade Refrigeration Systems
A primary responsibility of a Refrigeration Technician is to diagnose problems and make repairs to existing equipment. Refrigeration Technicians apply troubleshooting methods, replace parts and run tests to ensure the systems is working properly following repairs. They also upgrade systems to satisfy new regulations or meet new standards.
- Maintain Existing Refrigeration Systems
Performing preventative maintenance on refrigeration systems is another primary duty of a Refrigeration Technician. This entails following a checklist of parts and operations that need to be tested during a routine inspection of existing equipment, such as compressors, condensers, electrical connections and motor operations.
- Refrigeration Technician Skills
To be successful in this position, Refrigeration Technicians must possess strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. They should have the ability to work both independently and in teams as needed. Good math, communication and basic computer skills are also essential for Refrigeration Technicians. They should be in good physical condition, as this job will require that they lift and carry equipment and stand, kneel or stoop for long periods of time. Besides these general skills, many employers might look for potential Refrigeration Technician candidates to possess the following skills.
- Designing, drawing, fabricating refrigeration solutions
- Gathering, analyzing and optimizing customer requirements
- Coordinating with sales and marketing to prepare quotes
- Running timely Quality Check procedures
- Diagnosing faults & issues
- Experience with Ammonia based refrigeration systems like Plate Freezers, Chillers, Cold Rooms, Flake Ice Machines, Etc.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering a MUST
- The ability to follow technical drawings, building plans and other instructions
- A careful and methodical approach to work
- The ability to make accurate measurements
- A willingness to work in confined spaces
- A presentable and pleasant manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good team working skills and the ability to work on your own initiative
- A willingness to adapt to change
- Good problem-solving skill