MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Aklu Plaza is a high-profile volume retailer renowned for value-for-money and excellent customer service.
- We want to recruit a leader who can take ownership of all aspects of running this incredible Aklu Plaza. You must have the energy and passion required to keep this stores vision alive.
- As a Store Manager reporting to the SMT and responsible for a strong team and the department you’ll be tasked with driving forward both turnover and revenues from the store based on lean principles. Keeping a close focus on financial KPIs, including wages, wastage and shrinkage will form a key element of the role, together with non-financials such as customer service/feedback, internal audit and standards and compliance.
- The successful Store Manager will be able to make commercial decisions to benefit the store and bring about the required change as and when required. With a track record of success, you can use your leadership skills to inspire those around you to create a memorable shopping experience for your customers.
- As a Store Manager you will be a strong retail leader with a track record of delivery in service driven retail stores. The successful Store Manager will be able to achieve results, exceed targets and receive outstanding feedback from customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AS THE NEW STORE MANAGER:
- Lead from the front and inspire your management team
- Set the standard for service across all departments
- Commercially aware to drive and make changes to increase sales
- Be involved with buying and merchandising decisions and be able to implement this
- Full responsibility for achieving targets and results
- Create and maintain an outstanding shopping experience for customers
- Develop your team and have succession plans in place for colleagues and managers
- Operationally strong to manage in a diverse and fast paced store role
- Able to direct the team to achieve KPI’s
- Ensure high Visual standards at all times
- Managing the day to day running of a department
- Acting as Duty Manager for the entire store in the absence of Store Management
- Assisting Store Management in achieving company KPI’s
- Ensuring your team delivers exceptional customer service
- Delivering exemplary standards in store presentation, stock control, shrinkage and administration compliance
- Complying with all Health & Safety policies and legislation
- Use management information to make strategic business decisions
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE.
- Have a proven track record in a fast-paced retail environment and Enjoy being on the shop floor-
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of operational, leadership, planning, organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Be target driven and customer service orientated
- Be highly motivated and ambitious
- Be a self-starter with a can do attitude
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS:
- five to seven years of industry sales management experience
- Concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems