MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
We are looking for a fearless and inspiring Meat Cutter Team leader. Our Meat Cutter Team Leader will assist in day-to-day operations throughout our meat department. The meat Cutter Team Member can demonstrate excellent job skills, the ability to drive for results, and has great attention to detail.
The team leader has knowledgeable on retail business best practices, has a keen eye for Food Safety and Sanitation and will be able to help in department operations while offering unmatched customer service.
Be part of our store team and help us make a positive impact in our customer’s lives. Working with us is like working with FAMILY. We promise our Team Members open and honest communication and opportunities for growth with our company. Our leaders lead with passion and purpose and celebrate you with meaningful recognition.
The leader serves as a motivator to members of the sales team, encouraging them to meet their sales targets, with emphasis on working not just harder, but better. The behaviour of the team leader must be cordial at all times by using refined language to communicate with customers and remaining calm even when dealing with difficult customers.
The team leader is a positive, friendly Team Member who has an eye for detail and can provide excellent customer service. The role is subject to a degree of flexibility but initially the Team Leader will be involved with the following activities:
- Supervise, train and develop staff
- Provide guidance and support to team members on their daily duties
- Manage daily work plan
- Stock control, quality and rotation
- Full adherence to Health & Safety and Food Safety policies and procedures
- Going out on the food delivery/collection routes, driving or co-driving as and when needed
- Other general office support (filing, cross-checking files)
- Support with various projects as they occur
- Day to day operations, merchandising, and quality control of all department offerings
- Have good supervisory skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills to interact effectively with people at all times and in all situations
- Good temperament
- Computer skills (Microsoft, Excel)
- Strong leadership skills to effectively guide and manage a team to achieving sales goals
- Outstanding financial analysis and problem solving skills, and ability to make the right decisions most of the time
- Driving department sales while managing department shrink and expenses
- Other tasks, as assigned
Desired qualifications include:
- Friendly and customer service oriented. Interest in food a plus!
- Retail meat experience desired
- Self-motivated, with a high attention to detail, quality and presentation
- Skills to communicate effectively with coworkers and customers
- Ability to work independently, effectively manage time and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, understand and follow through on verbal and written directions
- Ability to reliably meet required work schedule and adhere to company attendance policy
Employees may occasionally experience the following physical demands for an extended period:
Standing, Sitting, lifting + Stocking (Up to 50 lbs.), Pushing, Keyboarding, Telephone Use, Walking, Bending