MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As a Warehouse Manager, you will manage the day to day operations within a warehouse environment, Staff planning to drive fulfilment rates and provide training and coaching to ensure service level targets are consistently achieved
You will work closely with the Operational manager to drive workloads & priorities within tight time scales and take full ownership of implementing operational strategy in line with business objectives
- You will work with key stakeholders and internal supply chain management to support and implement continuous improvement and sustained changes to maximise efficiency and development of processes.
- Plan and execute the day-to-day operational activities ensuring that Service Log, Transport and administration areas are managed effectively.
- Motivate and develop staff to achieve objectives and comply with Company policies and procedures, addressing any shortfalls in performance.
- Control and monitor costs within area of responsibility e.g. overtime, absence and transport carrier costs.
- Utilise EPOS capabilities within the system to improve stock placement, accuracy and throughput efficiency.
- Ensure shift KPIs are met, including management of, and weekly/monthly reports are completed in a timely manner.
- To facilitate effective communication, across the shift through regular feedback and ensuring team briefs are conducted which ensure all colleagues are informed of site changes and have up to date business information.
- Ensure Health & Safety and Quality Standards are adhered to and take prompt action if any issues are identified.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, environmental and/or quality standard within a distribution environment.
- Transport understanding with regards to legal requirements
- Demonstrable experience of running warehouse operations, and managing staff with ability to sustain, motivate and develop.
- Previous experience of inventory control.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management System (WMS) function (M3 advantageous)
- Awareness and/or skills in lean techniques; practicable improvements to workflow, work processes and efficiencies
- Effective communicator with a good standard of English (spoken + written) and numeracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to analyse data and deliver a high degree of accurac
Warehouse Manager duties include:
- Exceed budgeted turnover and gross margin.
- Allocate staff levels/ arrange cover in the event of staff absence.
- Be up to date with the latest management best practices and concepts.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
- Assess, manage and adjust team member workloads.
- Address employees issues or grievances and work alongside HR
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Ensuring the warehouse is maintained in order